New Very Short Fiction Contest – Open for Judging!
Bookkus Publishing is seeking very short fiction and non-fiction (250-1,500 words) for its fall contest. All entries should somehow address the theme of pregnancy and/or childhood. We want stories that inspire, warm your heart, make you laugh, and feel sincere about the trials, tribulations, and joys of being pregnant and having children. Stories from mothers, fathers, and siblings will give some great perspectives on our theme.
Since we believe that readers’ opinions matter, we will be inviting Bookkus readers to choose the winners! The best
61 31 21 short pieces (yes, 61 31 21!) will be published in a paperback and e-book compilation, available for purchase. Everyday voters have 3 votes to share among 3 stories. The author of the top story (based on the number of votes received) will receive a $50 prize and a copy of the compilation; the remaining 60 20 winners will receive $10 and a copy of the compilation. Submissions are due by October 27, 2012 November 10th, 2012. Voting will take place November 11th, via Facebook, until November 17, 2012 December 1st. when winners will be announced. People can vote on 3 stories per day, so they should keep coming back to help you win.
- All submissions must be original, previously unpublished work.
- Submissions should be works of fiction between 250 and 1500 words.
- Submission should somehow address the theme of pregnancy and/or childhood.
- Contestants may only submit 1 piece of writing.
- All submissions must be in English.
- Entries are accepted worldwide.
- The contest accepts submissions up until November 10th, 2012. Voting is permitted until December 1st.
- There is no entry fee.
- Contest winners will be chosen based on total reader votes.
- Each reader is allowed three votes in the contest per day. The publisher will do everything in its power to ensure fair voting; contestants may be disqualified is manipulation of the voting process is suspected.
- All the winners’ work will be published within a short story compilation at the time the publisher chooses. Credit will be given to all authors, and a short bio will accompany each piece.
- Winning authors will receive one copy of the short story compilation.
- Bookkus Publishing owns first publication rights for all winning stories. In accordance with Canadian law, contestants must answer a basic skill-testing question upon winning.
- All prize money is paid through Paypal.
Come be one of the first people to get your hands on the book by funding the campaign we are having on Indiegogo Campaign
For more information on contests and Bookkus Publishing, come join our newsletter.